Saturday, October 4, 2008

Computer problems

Ugh......I think Kaidia's dying.

Kaidia is my main laptop, the one I play EQ2 on. So, I wake up this morning, open my laptop and discover that when I thought it was hibernating, it wasn't. it was on alllll niight.......UGH! But, It's never beena problem before, so I log in to play. I've got a few hours to play before I go see a movie with my family, so I want to get some things done. i'm regretting not staying up late last night now. So, after the first time it dropped me, I checked the router. The little orange light blinked at me to tell me that there was a problem with the internet connection. No duh! I rebooted the router and modem. tried again. Same thing. Called my ISP, they reset the modem. Played...all of 3 minutes. Ate breakfast, tried again, called the ISP Again. Maybe it's a problem with my router. Tried again. This time when it dropped me, I pulled up a website on my baby laptop at the same time I lost connection in game. Website came up fine, game dropped me. Maybe it's the computer. Installing SP3, because, really, what have I got to lose. After the restart, maybe things will work again....who knows. Still having problems with the wifi on that computer. can't get anything. Sending....sometimes, but not recieving data. really really close to just formatting and showing this thing who's boss.....but I'd rather not do that if I dont have to. Dad's going to bring me a Cat5 cable to hardwire into the modem and see if I still have problems. I'm starting to think my wireless card is going bad. hopefully they're not too expensive on new egg.......hell. I might have some floating around.....

No comments: