Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Little Things: New Mattress

They always say to enjoy the little things in life.  Who's "They"?  Heck if I know, but "they" are right.  There's no guarantee you get the big things.  But the little things are always there.

So, is the feeling of the first night on a brand new mattress a little thing or a big thing?  Well, maybe the owning of a brand spanking new mattress is a big thing, but there is nothing so enjoyable as a good night's sleep.

Last night was my first night on my brand new mattress.  A couple weeks ago, Grandma and I went to Mattressland.  It was a trip we'd planned to have for months, but I had never felt up to doing the shopping involved.  But, we finally managed it and a week and a half later, it was in my bedroom.

After Thanksgiving dinner and all the broohaha last night, exhausted from being sick, I took my nightly meds and passed blissfully into the deepest sleep I've had in over a year.  I slept solidly from 12:30 to about 8:30 this morning.

Sleeping on my new bed is like sleeping on a cloud!  None of the pain I had on my old bed was there.  No pain from the springs or wires.  My bed cradled me softly and carried me quietly to dreamland.  Well, ok, I don't know if there were dreams, but you get what I mean.  I can only hope I get sleep like this for years to come!

No comments: