Friday, September 26, 2008

Can't Believe I'm Actually Awake

You know, of all the things I deal with with my FMS, I hate the sleepless nights the most. I don't feel I get enough rest as it is, and then my body decides sleep just isn't going to happen. Last night, I took all my meds, NyQuil for a cold I'm fighting off, and went upstairs to bed. For an hour and a half, I tossed and turned. I just couldn't seem to get comfortable. Just when I thought I'd fall asleep, the pain started shooting through my arms (of all the places). I tried adjusting the pillow I usually hold (to support my arms.....noticed it usually helps with the pain). No matter what I did, I couldn't get to sleep. So, I gave up and went downstairs to do some work on my computer. At 5:00, I finally felt like I could actually sleep. I went back upstairs and fell sleepily into bed. 3 hours to go until my alarm clock goes off to wake me for work. Fortunately I did fall asleep almost immediately. 9:00 (yes, I slept through the alarm for an hour) I got up, got ready and headed into work. Fortunately, I work for my Dad, and he's understanding of FMS and what it does to me. He doesn't mind if I'm late as long as I get my work done.

So here I am, supposedly working (well, waiting on help to work on computers. Not able to lift them up to the desk like I used to.....at least not this week), and yet wide awake. Apparently, the sleep I got, if short, was restful. Thank God for small favors!

No comments: