Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Hope This Is Worth Watching!

I just discovered that Nickelodeon gave the green light to produce the sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender!  I loved the Avatar series so much, I actually own all three seasons on DVD.  I felt 3 was just too little.  I loved the ending, but hated that it ended.  So hearing that there's a sequel has me giddy!

On the other hand, my disappointment with most sequels gives me mixed feelings.  I am generally pessimistic about sequels, but the creators/producers are staying the same, so that's a good sign.  I really hope this series doesn't leave me dissappointed.

The new series, Avatar: The Legend of Korra (title may change) outlines the story of the next Avatar in the cycle, a girl named Korra from the southern Water Tribe.  Unlike Aang's adventure where we watched him master Water, Earth, and Fire, Korra's story begins with her attempt to master Airbending in a world with few airbenders.  Her journey takes her to Republic City, a city with rampant crime and "a growing anti-bending revolution".

It sounds very interesting and I'll certainly be keeping up with the series when it comes out.

Full article here.

No comments: