Friday, July 9, 2010

Reviving my Blog

Well, it's almost been a year since I posted to my blog, and I think it's time to revive it.  I love to write, but sometimes I lack the diligence to actually do it like I should.

If there's one thing this year has taught me so far, it's how to take life one day at a time.  In January, I had my gall bladder removed because I started having trouble with gallstones.  Unfortunately, I had little understanding of what impact that would have on me.  I expected perhaps a few extra weeks of recovery than the average person might have due to my fibromyalgia, but 6 months later, I'm still struggling to work a decent amount of hours.

My goal?  for now, it's 4 hours a day M-F.  Right now, I'm working pretty much as much as I can, usually amounts to about 10 hours a week.  This week I've nearly killed myself to work more.  But I turned in 15 hours on my timecard this week, plus the holiday, I expect a good paycheck.  The real struggle for me is waking up early enough so I can get to work before noon.

But, progress is progress.  Slow and steady wins the race.  And all the other lame catchphrases I tell myself to feel better.

No comments: